Top Posts of 2008
I started this blog back in May of 2007 and, since then, I’ve somehow managed to average about 100 unique visitors a day this year (up from an average 20-a-day last year). I’m so thankful for all of the friends and new connections I’ve made as a result. I’m completely hooked! I’ve had so much fun sharing links, memories, and life with students, parents, and youth workers. Thanks for reading! I hope you stick around for more “thoughts, links, and updates on youth ministry, life, and culture” in 2009.
I think it’s funny seeing what the top posts were for the year; check ’em out:
- “Jesus is My Friend” by Sonseed (with 6,399 views) – this post features a fun, Jesus-loving song from the 70’s and continues to be the blog’s most viewed post to this day
- David Cook Singing “Billie Jean” – the show-winning performance (IMHO) from last year’s American Idol winner; I published this right after the show that evening
- Ralph ’08 – the only candidate that had my FULL support! 😉
- How to Be a Rebel – I’m guessing this post — about a student message series of the same title — got all the hits from the “Rebel Alliance” reference.
- Hills Alive 2008 – a simple post featuring pics and links to the great line-up of artists at this year’s Hills Alive music festival — at least, the ones I was most excited to see
These probably wouldn’t have been my top pics for the year, but since most of my readers seem to come from a variety of backgrounds and geographic regions, I guess I can see how these rose to the top.