End-of-Summer Events and Meetings
What a great summer of 2008, featuring: an amazing Elevation Talent Show, an absolutely EPIC summer camp, a pump’n Hills Alive, a spirit-filled trip to IHOP, and many, many, many, MANY other incredible God-moments throughout!Â Well, it’s not over yet, but it’s getting close.Â School starts soon and we’ll be back into the grind of school-days, homework, and all sorts of extracurricular activities.Â To help you, as a student, slide into the fall, Elevate Student Ministries is planning a “Back-to-School in the Backyard” event hosted by the Lombard family featuring a fire pit, a hot dog dinner, acoustic worship with Ken Verheecke, some backyard challenges, and smores.Â All you have to bring is a lawn chair.
That’s not all, we’ve got a very important meeting for parents of Elevate students coming up soon, too.Â (We don’t want them to feel left out.)Â The meeting is intended for families of incoming 6th graders, for new families who joined our ministry during the year and want an overview of the whole ministry, and any other interested parent/guardians. This is your opportunity to hear our vision and embrace the movement of Destiny’s student ministry as a whole.
Here’s the outline of our agenda:
- Look back on last year’s ministry (reflections, ideas, events, highlights, etc.)
- Cast the vision for next year’s ministry
- What that vision looks like in our ministry (a breakdown of our weekly meetings: who it’s for, where it’s at, what we’re studying, introducing leaders, etc)
- An overview of a couple big annual events we do each year
- Communication (how the youth ministry communicates with students and parents, where to find info and stay up-to-date, overview of our student website, parent newsletter, etc.)
- Q & A
And, last but not least, we’re going to be hosting our very first meeting concerning next summer’s missions adventure trip to Creel, Mexico.Â We’ve branded the trip “I Heart: Mexico”. The idea behind the slogan is that Creel, Mexico is where our heart “is” and “will be” as we sow into and prepare for this trip next year. Our initial gathering for all who are interested is going to be Wednesday, September 10th @ 6:00 PM. You’ll find out about the outreach details, have the opportunity to pick up some informational brochures, receive some fundraising ideas and encouragement, and more. Mark the date and time on your calendar and we’ll see you there!
Wow!Â That’s a lot happening in just a few short weeks.Â Mark your calendars!